Competition / Rethink / Balmond Studio

Creative thinking inspires ideas. Ideas inspire change. Picasso transcended realism with cubic forms. Steve Jobs democratised the computer. Einstein’s theory of relativity changed the fundamentals of physics. Any idea no matter how big or small has power. What’s yours? It’s time to show the world. 
Enter our competition, show us your idea and your work could be published on TiP, Balmond Studio’s influential online ideas lab. The winner will also receive a £100 iTunes voucher and enjoy a private call with Cecil Balmond himself, one of the world’s leading thinkers on space, form and structure. The runner up will receive a £50 iTunes voucher and have their work featured on TiP. 

What is a Re-think? Anything with an original idea at its core is a Re-think. To put it simply – a piece of work that challenges the norm. Something that pushes the boundaries, creating an alternate way of thinking. What work can I enter? There really are an infinite number of possibilities. Your entry could be a standout design project, groundbreaking research, a pioneering artistic expression, a unique mathematical observation,…the list goes on. 

What format do I need to submit? Submissions can be in any format – from a photo essay, written report or animation, to renders, audio files, interviews, essays or documentaries. What are the mandatories? In order to qualify each entry must be submitted with the following: -A brief 200-500 word introduction stating why your work is a Radical Re-Think. -Your full name, industry, country of residence and age. -You must subscribe to TIP in order to enter. How do I submit? Simply send your entry to competitions@thinking-in-practice.com. You can send larger files via WeTransfer, Dropbox, Google Drive or any other file sharing service. What are you waiting for? Your idea could inspire the world. But there’s only one way to find out. Enter now.

Register by: 02-28-2016 / Submit by: 02-28-2016

View the full article