One year ago…

dezeen

dezeen_one-year-ago-27.jpg

This time last year Chinese architects MAD unveiled plans for a museum shaped like a giant icicle and a mirrored treehouse in Sweden opened up its doors to overnight guests.

Japanese designers Nendo presented a collection of furniture comprised entirely of square and cube-shaped parts, while an RCA student came up with a fun way to recycle leftover Christmas trees and we featured a mirrored office with a hidden slide entrance.

Readers were impressed with the sensitive detailing of a mountainside tomb but thought a self-assembly chair by designer Max Lamb would only be able to support the super-skinny.

Meanwhile we revealed images of a few popular houses, including a triangular residence that pokes up from the ground, a house with a marble brise-soleil facade and a gabled home that is screened from a nearby busy road.

See all our stories from January 2011 »

See our review of last year »

di</img>

di</img>

dezeen?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> dezeen?i=wF6Z6lOEWFc:Ixhi8eEJQfQ:V_sGLiP</img> dezeen?i=wF6Z6lOEWFc:Ixhi8eEJQfQ:gIN9vFw</img> dezeen?i=wF6Z6lOEWFc:Ixhi8eEJQfQ:D7DqB2p</img> dezeen?d=qj6IDK7rITs</img>wF6Z6lOEWFc

View the full article

Archived