This week on Dezeen

dezeen

dezeen_this-week-on-dezeen-31.jpg

This week sports brand Nike launched a range of knitted running shoes, car brand Mini unveiled a panel-van version of the Mini Clubman and RCA graduate Min-Kyu Choi put his award-winning folding plug graduation project into production.

A website called Arch Leaks was launched to revel the secrets of architecture firms and some users immediately set about creating and rating fake practices, while open-source designs for spectacle frames cut from 18mm plywood stirred up an amusing debate among our readers.  ”We are currently working on the next iteration of WikiGlasses – a range of 18mm ply open-source contact lenses,” comments the designer.

Meanwhile construction began on David Adjaye’s Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington DC and Kengo Kuma and Associates showed a Starbucks outlet that one reader claims is “possibly the coolest coffee shop ever.”

Our most popular story featured a house in hiding with a secret doorway while a stripy, faceted, monochrome church interior had even our least pious readers ready to convert.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for regular updates and discussions throughout the week.

More architecture stories | More interior stories | More design stories |

More Dezeen Wire |More watches More movies

di</img>

di</img>

dezeen?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> dezeen?i=3rHdCxe_nH0:uUHKE4toErE:V_sGLiP</img> dezeen?i=3rHdCxe_nH0:uUHKE4toErE:gIN9vFw</img> dezeen?i=3rHdCxe_nH0:uUHKE4toErE:D7DqB2p</img> dezeen?d=qj6IDK7rITs</img>3rHdCxe_nH0

View the full article

Archived