One year ago…

dezeen

dezeen_one-year-ago-34.jpg

This week last year designers BarberOsgerby were appointed to design the Torch for the London 2012 Olympic Games, while they later unveiled in June, a fashion designer and an architect showed a collection of 3d-printed clothing and a boulder-shaped mausoleum opened in Acapulco.

Japanese architects Apollo completed two houses with pointy overhangs in Sendai, one black and one white, while in Denmark a physical shop opened where customers can buy digital fonts.

A Dezeen commenter accused architects Ooze of raping an old house that they had wrapped with a faceted skin, and another thought an orange showroom building with gaping holes in its facade best resembled a chunk of decaying cheese. Other stories that were debated amongst our readers included stools made by setting logs on fire and a combined mp3 player and plug that left some unconvinced and others simply confused.

See all our stories from February 2011 »

See all our stories from March 2011 »

See our review of last year »

di</img>

di</img>

dezeen?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> dezeen?i=xFh2F4aUfWc:qZOiRa8MQdM:V_sGLiP</img> dezeen?i=xFh2F4aUfWc:qZOiRa8MQdM:gIN9vFw</img> dezeen?i=xFh2F4aUfWc:qZOiRa8MQdM:D7DqB2p</img> dezeen?d=qj6IDK7rITs</img>xFh2F4aUfWc

View the full article

Archived